ADDINOL Lube Oil GmbH develops and produces innovative high-performance lubricants for automotive and industrial applications with the highest demands. The former Mineralölwerk Lützkendorf was founded in 1936 and soon became one of the largest national refineries. After the reunification of Germany the company changed its name to ADDINOL (Additives in Oil) which had been the name of its most famous brand in the GDR. Today development and production are carried out at the chemical site in Leuna/Saxony-Anhalt complying industrial standards. Though many things have changed since our foundation, we value : top quality, maximum customer focus, flexibility and above average commitment are at the core of our corporate identity.
Our employees are recognized experts in their field and have comprehensive tribological know-how. With our innovative high-performance lubricants and our competent customer service we provide the optimum solution for your applications. We are one among the few companies in German mineral oil industry acting independently of any large business group and have distributor partners on all continents in more than 90 countries.
Our product range includes more than 600 high-performance lubricants such as engine oils for motor vehicles, a broad range of oils and greases for industry and special products for demanding applications at the cutting edge of technology.
Customers all over the world appreciate the high quality standard of our products, the wide know-how, the extraordinary service and last but not least the absolute reliability of ADDINOL.
Everything started in 1936. In this year the mineral oil plant Lützkendorf was founded in Krumpa. One of the biggest refineries for the production of fuel and lubricants in Germany developed.
High-performance lubricants of the mineral oil plant Lützkendorf, like the engine oil "ADDINOL Super", became a synonym for quality and progress. ADDINOL - Additive in Oil - was one of the most famous brand names in the GDR. After the German Unification the company changed its name to ADDINOL.
In 2000 ADDINOL Lube Oil GmbH moved its headquarters to Leuna/Saxony-Anhalt. From here we supply all European countries as well as Russia and America, China and Australia. In more than 90 countries ADDINOL high-performance lubricants are distributed by competent partners.
2011- ADDINOL celebrates its anniversary! 75 years ago on October 26th, 1936 the former Mineralölwerk Lützkendorf was founded near the chemical site Leuna.
2009 - Start of construction for additional tanks, new production lines and warehouses.
2007 - Official opening of the production plants and the new logistics centre.
2005 - Starting of the building of a new and expanded logistics centre in Leuna.
2002 - ADDINOL operates on all continents.
2000 - Moving into the new office in Leuna.
1999 -In Leuna, only some kilometres away from the previous location in Krumpa, ground-breaking ceremony for the new headquarters takes place.
1989 - In the year of the German Reunification the total production of the Mineralölwerk amounts to 800,000 t of mineral oil products. 304,000 t of these belong to the field of lubricants.
1976 - With the development and manufacturing of hydro crack base oils a further core competence for the future develops.
1974 - The establishment of an own additive-production begins. Packaging of the finished products is extended. Now up to 1200 1-litre-packing can be filled per hour.
1967 - A new Inline-Blending-Plant facilitates the blending of products according to the wishes of the customers. The year capacity of this plant amounts to 200,000 t.
1965 - Further technical test facilities (half-technical plants) and a modern engine test stand are put into operation.
1964 - A new building for research is opened with about 350 employees.
1960 - Establishment of a Scientific Technical Centre for research, development and application. The development of national and international methods for the practical testing of lubricants as well as a comprehensive instrumental analysis for quality assurance are important parts of this central research establishment.
1956 - Between 1956 and 1964 a new factory for lubricating oils including an industrial plant is built. The number of employees reaches 3,600, capacity of the new factory for lubricating oils amounts to about 250,000 t/year.
1955 - With 65,600 t the Mineralölwerk Lützkendorf meets a main part of the yearly demand for lubricants in the GDR of 150,000 t.
1951 - Plants for synthesis are relocated to the factory Schwarzheide. The Mineralölwerk solely focusses on the development and production of lubricants. In this year the processing of crude oil of Matzen in Austria starts.
1949 - The Mineralölwerk Lützkendorf becomes a nationally-owned company of the GDR.
1945 - 80 % of the Mineralölwerk are destroyed after bomb raids. However, already in July work is resumed. Shortly afterwards delivery of the first lubricants is effected. Plants for synthesis are disassembled and transported to the east. On the 21st July the industrial production is resumed on the order of the Soviet Military Administration in Germany (SMAD).
1943 - Manufacturing of lubricants makes a record profit of 6 million RM.
1940 - All plant components of synthesis are in operation. Planned production capacities amount to 75,000 t fuel and 50,000 t lubricants per year.
1939 - A company-owned laboratory for operative research is installed.
1936 - On 26th October the Mineralölwerk Lützkendorf is founded near the large German Chemical Site Leuna in Saxony-Anhalt. A factory for fuel and lubricants develops. The raw materials required for production are mainly gained out of coal with the synthesis method (coal hydrogenation Fischer-Tropsch-Synthesis).